On December 03 2014, Giant Marketing’s CEO Kyle Campbell appeared on the popular radio talk show On the Money to talk about “Direct Mailing and Things That Matter”. We want to give a special thanks to Joe Moss and Embassy National Bank for the opportunity to share this information with other businesses, who can utilize the seasoned knowledge and experience of Kyle Campbell of GIANT Marketing in order to help those businesses learn and potentially elevate their own brand’s experience.
We wanted to highlight for you the very BEST of what Kyle Campbell had to say, but no worries – we are also providing you with the full text and audio of everything he covered located at the bottom of this post.
- Kyle Campbell knew he wanted to be an entrepreneur at the age of 17. He eventually found his calling as he began his ownership over several Anytime Fitness franchises. For his new found franchises, Kyle began utilizing a company called Giant Postcards which he marketed to his fitness clubs soon after. Kyle quickly realized the potential that Giant Postcards carried and he knew that he just had to buy it. With the continuing success of Giant Postcards, Kyle knew that he could grow the company into so much more and thus he created GIANT Marketing. In Kyle’s words, “I made an offer to the guy that owned Giant Postcards and obviously closed the Anytime Fitness deal, which was huge for the company. Then I decided, why am I just doing postcards? We have a commercial printer, now we actually work with printers all over the nation. So, it didn’t make sense for me just to print postcards. So, now I print everything: door hangers, business cards, post cards, whatever it might be as far as print related marketing. So, I started a company called Giant Marketing about a year ago. I had the foundation from Giant Postcards and over this past 11 or 12 months, we have built the brand that is now Giant Marketing.”
- Kyle’s businesses have continued to evolve as he has extensively learned what works and what doesn’t through hands-on experience. This lends credibility to Giant Marketing’s ability to analyze the needs of each business and tailor a customized strategy that is proven to work for the type of success they are seeking. If one way of marketing doesn’t produce the results that a company is looking for, Kyle stresses not to give up on marketing altogether because there are various ways to get your name out there and Giant Marketing can recommend to you that best marketing strategy for your business. Additionally, as an example of how cost effective Giant Postcards really are, Kyle explains: “Another thing that helps small businesses is our shared program. That’s where we can take one person, say Anytime Fitness is obviously our number one client so we can most of the time get them to take one full side of the postcard and if you don’t know what I mean just take a piece of paper—Anytime Fitness is on one side, flip it over, you actually share the back side with anywhere from two business up to eight businesses. If you just want an eighth of a page, we can actually hit ten thousand homes in your area for only $299. A lot of business can afford $299.“
- Kyle’s gyms and GIANT Marketing, in particular, have recently added a lot of products, services, and team members after understanding more of what was needed and desired by its customers. Through Kyle’s actions, he has not only listened to the customers but delivered what they were asking for time and time again. As just one example, at his gym he even added “Fitness on Request, which is your video group fitness. Just to offer classes twenty-four/seven. You can go in to Anytime Fitness and take a class at two a.m. if you wanted to. Obviously, you are there by yourself but a one hundred twenty inch screen pops down and you take whatever class you want.”
- What is important to Kyle, as both an owner of multiple gyms and a CEO of Giant Marketing, is ensuring the client’s satisfaction, encouraging return business and life-time clients, and his team always maintaining a positive attitude. Specifically, negativity is not tolerated by him because it is not conducive to a successful work environment and it shows in a person’s work. On the other hand, when everyone exudes a positive energy, it shows in their productivity and their quality of work and that is what the customers deserve.
- On Kyle’s biggest business related fear: “I would say my number one fear with Giant Marketing, unfortunately, is the post office. It is definitely, once I get to that local post office in your city, whether it’s Atlanta, New York, LA, wherever it is, it’s out of my hands. I can call that post office, I can talk to that manager, but it’s still out of my hands. I can’t be in every post office across the country. So, I would say that’s my biggest fear because it has happened and we’ve taken care of our customer even though it may not be our fault. Because we know, we take care of that customer this time, they will come back to us throughout the year.”
- While fear is a common feeling among entrepreneurs, Kyle likes to view the experience as “exciting” instead of fear-inducing and his advice to other entrepreneurs is to not let that stop you from taking that next step and making it happen, “My thing is never give up and don’t fold to the fear. Don’t be afraid to take that step. Obviously, it takes money.”… “But yeah, just don’t be afraid. That’s my thing, take that step because there is so many people out there that would be great entrepreneurs, they are just afraid to take that first step. So if they talk to somebody about it, they might be sitting on a million dollar idea—a billion dollar idea. Some people are just afraid to talk to people. So, I would say, definitely don’t be afraid to take that step and stay positive.”